These conceptual questions should help you to get the partnership off on the right foot.
Who needs a device?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is already entitled to a device according to current legislation?
- Who would be helped by a device to find their way back into the labour market more quickly? (e.g. for job applications)
- Who could be better integrated into Switzerland through a device? (e.g. through online German courses)
- Which families could we help to prevent poverty? (By ensuring adequate IT equipment)
- What would be a possible prioritisation? (e.g. apprenticeship seekers before job seekers, etc.)
Often it is not very clear who really needs a device. Our experience shows that it strongly depends on the region how individual groups of people can be supported. What is certain is that with a partnership with wLw, the acquisition costs are significantly lower than with a new device.
Do we even know who needs IT equipment?
In most cases, this will not be quite so clear. This can be found out quickly in counselling talks. However, one can also become more proactive with the following means:
- Newsletter (by post or mail)
- Flyer at the reception
- Linking of the offer on the website
How should we charge the expense contributions?
We recommend that the CHF 150.- per device be settled via situational services, where this is possible. The amount probably does not make a big difference for you as an organisation, but perhaps for the person who has to turn over every centime twice.
However, the contribution towards expenses can easily be shared between you and the eventual recipients. In these matters, however, you are not bound by any of our guidelines. You can pay the full amount yourself or pass it on in full.
How do we organise the corresponding processes?
Device requests are recorded on your part. You can find out how to create a request in our Instructions out. Make sure of the following:
- All employees are informed about the internal process.
- All enquirers have read and understood the instructions.
- All requesters have the necessary login information:
- Link to the Partner Service Desk
- Mail address / username
Smaller organisations (e.g. municipal social services)
With such an approach, you ensure that the requests are created uniformly. By default, we issue one user account for organisations.
Larger organisations (e.g. cantonal social services)
If the department responsible for equipment enquiries should be larger, the following structure can be set up.
The same account can be used even if several persons are responsible for recording enquiries.
How do we ensure support?
We have a large selection of support documents ourselves and help where we can. Our goal is that you, as a partner, have as little additional work as possible due to user questions.
You are therefore also welcome to simply refer to this page here if anyone has any questions on how to use the equipment:
How do we ensure further development?
It is likely that your organisation already has quality assurance processes in place with external parties. If this is not the case, a given service or process can, for example, be assessed with a so-called PDCA cycle plan, implement, review and improve.
The cyclicality is of course up to you. We recommend that such a process is run at least once every six months.